Doing the happy dance!! I'm going to a quilt retreat, I'm going to a quilt retreat, I'm going to a quilt retreat!!! It's April 18th through the 20th!!
This is the perfect quilt retreat for me to go to for many reasons:
- I get to meet my friend Jill who has become one of my closest quilting buds.
- I tend to get a LOT done when I'm at a dedicated quilting day.
- I think St. Jude Children's Research Hospital runs a wonderful program. Mike and I do a lot with the MACC Fund and Make a Wish Foundation and St. Judes fits right in with that.
- I get to meet Jill. Oh, did I say that already?
- I love meeting other quilters and I'm crossing my fingers that a few other bloggers will join us because it's not all that far and pretty centrally located!! For me it's only about a 6 hour drive which isn't too bad since it takes that same amount of time to get to Minneapolis and I've done that drive more times than I can count.
- It's very nicely priced. I saw another retreat online just this morning for the same amount of time and that one was $240.
- Oh, and I get to meet Jill!!